Our Privacy Principles
If you read nothing else, please read this:
- The most fundamental privacy principle we follow is that by default, anything you post to FinleyGold.com is available for viewing by others.
- At Finley Gold we believe that more transparency is better than less. We try to make our products easy to use, with settings and options that are easy to find and understand. This is good for privacy, good for the product, and good for customers and users.
- We think that having more information be easily accessible and searchable wherever you go, whatever device you have, is better than having less.
Updated: February 20, 2016
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Personal information. The only information we would normally collect is your name, an email address, and a password. Optional information you may posible be able to enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, what you do, your Skype username, and your phone number.
- Log data. When you use our products, our servers may automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Finley Gold, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personal content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices may be collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. We may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Here are the types of information we DO NOT collect or receive:
- Billing information. Our web servers and products do not handle your financial information. Any time you enter confidential financial information, it will be on other parties’ servers and you should review the privacy policies of those parties.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Finley Gold user experience or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Finley Gold access and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and the state of web-based software. Other cookies are not tied to your Finley Gold but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access Finley Gold through your browser and disable cookies, the site will still be functional.
Finley Gold sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics and Mixpanel for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics and Mixpanel on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Understanding and improving our products. To make our products better, we have to understand how users are using it. We intend to use data many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep our products secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a message or integration limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to users about new product features or other news about Finley Gold. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Finley Gold takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of our products from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter any information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Finley Gold products are not specifically directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use our products after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Contacting Finley Gold